THE TOP 10 BENEFITS OF ONLINE VIDEO
More people are watching online videos than ever before.
Therefore, it is vital for companies to stay ahead of their competitors by finding new and creative ways to interact with customers.
Online video is one such way. Hollogram is a creative agency and we know how video production can be a great benefit to any business.
So, if you’re unsure whether online video is worthwhile, read on as we show 10 reasons why online video really is a great promotional tool.
1) YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE WATCHING ONLINE VIDEOS – A LOT YouTube alone has more than 4 billion views per day, and it’s the second-largest search engine, after Google.78% of people watch an online video least once a week and 55% watch one every day.Need we say anymore? Everyone is watching video. It’s a fantastic way to communicate with your customers, whether it’s an advert, a viral video, or a tutorial, the possibilities are endless!
2) VIDEO IS EASILY SEARCHABLE According to Marketing Week, video results appeared in almost 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google in 2012. Consumers are always looking for products and services. Most likely, they are using online searches to do so. Social media can affect organic Google search results as well as be an entry point to your website or promotional page. YouTube is the second-largest search engine, which means that videos are ranked high in Google results. Furthermore, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin pages are also searchable.
3) VIDEO IS SHARED EASILY AND FREQUENTLY Social media has become an increasingly important part of our lives in recent years and it is an effective way to share online video. o More than 500 years’ worth of YouTube videos are watched daily on Facebook. o More than 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute. Video is critically important to business and it is critically important to the success of Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms. This is why you often see them consistently modify their systems to prioritize premium content/video higher within their users’ news feeds. If you get your message out there via the fun, shareable means of online video, your business will feel the benefits.
4) YOU CAN EDUCATE AND ENTERTAIN More than 60% of consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase. (MarketingCharts.com) Businesses want their websites to engage with their audience for as long as possible. The longer someone spends on a website, the business has a better chance of persuading that person to invest in their product or service. Video is a more engaging medium than photos, text or audio and a great way of keeping customers ‘glued’ to your website. As the statistic above shows, businesses who have online video content on their website keep visitors engaged for longer, which makes them more likely to see what else you have to offer!
5) VIDEO OFFERS INSTANT INTERACTION People love to comment on videos, and that’s where you can learn more about your customers. The comments section of a video can provide you with valuable information about how your customers perceive your company and what they want from you.
6) VIDEO CAN BE MEASURED Statistics are easily accessible and they do a great job of showing just how effective your online videos are. Whether it’s the number of views, likes or retweets, these numbers allow companies to see how videos are leading to a greater number of visitors to your site and an increase in business.
7) VIDEO DOESN’T EXPIRE Videos remain online and in Google results for a long time and are difficult to be removed completely, which reduces their per-unit cost. Unlike television advertisements, online videos can be watched by the consumer as many times as they wish and, most importantly, they remain available to view for longer.
8) PERSONALISE YOUR BUSINESS As the owner of a business, it is important that you make an emotional connection with your target audience. Online video gives you the opportunity to connect more personally with customers, making them feel that they know you and your business. You can to build up a trust with your customers, where they feel that they can rely on you to deliver the product or service you’re offering. Through online video, you can convey your passion and knowledge for your product to the people who matter most – your customers.
9) VIDEO IS AFFORDABLE Online video production will account for more than one-third of all online advertising spending within the next five years. (Borrell Associates Annual Benchmarking Results) There is a common misconception that video production costs the earth. It doesn’t. At Hollogram, we offer high-quality video for an affordable price, with our rates starting at just £99. Video has created an even playing field on which brands, business, and organisations can compete. We can offer you a creative, cost-effective way to promote your business – and you’ll stand out from the crowd!
10) VIDEO IS MOBILE Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report) Over 35% of the population have a smart phone or tablet. More people are now browsing online at their convenience, whether they’re having a coffee, traveling on a train or just looking while the adverts are on. By using online video you have the potential to be in people’s hands at any time, in any place.
Hollogram can help you to create engaging, creative video content to promote your business or service. Get in touch with us today to find out more. Call 01509 410 365